From fabulous far away stays to spartan-like overnights. From wearing a black woolen tailcoat to bare neon board shorts. From expensive Italian leather shoes to basic black rubber flip-flops. From the luxury of travelling by air and the intensity of transit by land. From quiet nights among the clouds above mountaintops and the crazy partying by the beach.
Choices will never stop coming. They will never stop re-inventing. They will never fail to amaze.
So I took my stride and since then, I never looked back.
My fridge door, heavy with magnets from past travels, is a witness to my wanderlust. My USBs, filled with photographic images from past trips, stand as reminders of good memories. And my boxes stored in cabinets, filled with postcards and travel brochures, waiting to be reopened that memories may be relived.
Travelling gave me the chance to go beyond whats written in books, whats shown in pictures and what has been told by friends.
The itch to embark on an adventure and the inner persuasion of writing my sojourns are two of my passions. And this blog pretty much sums up the two.
My Bucket List (for my wanderlust) – its always free to dream your dreams..:)
- To learn how to dive.
- To learn how to drive a car.
To experience more than 150 km/hr in a car.
- To learn how to jet ski.
- To sky dive.
To travel overnight by train.
- To experience snow.
- To visit Sagada and enjoy its sunrise.
To visit the Batanes group of islands.
- To visit Tubbataha Reef.
To visit Boracay’s White Beach.
- To visit the Ifugao Rice Terraces.
- To climb Mt Apo. – staying at Eden Nature park doesn’t count.
To visit the Angkor Wat in Siem Reap, Cambodia. To visit the Great Wall of China. To visit Mt. Fuji. To cross the bridge connecting the Petronas Twin Towers.
- To visit Bali, Indonesia.
- To visit Bagan, Myanmar
To climb the topmost floor of Taipei 101. To experience riding a bullet train.
- To visit Bhutan.
- To visit Nepal.
- To see Mt. Everest – even from afar.
To visit Surfer’s Paradise, Australia.
- To climb atop the Sydney Bridge.
- To visit Mongolia.
- To visit the Taj Mahal, India.
- To visit the Maldives.
To visit the Coliseum in Rome, Italy. To visit the Spanish Steps in Rome, Italy. To hear mass at St. Peter’s Basilica in the Vatican City. To visit Venice, Italy. To have a cocktail at Harry’s Bar in Venice, Italy.
- To hear mass at San Marco Basilica in Venice, Italy.
To feed the pigeons at Plaza San Marco, Venice, Italy. To visit Murano, Italy. To see La Primavera at the Ufizzi, Florence, Italy. To shop “till I drop” in Italy. To enjoy sunset in Cannes, France with mussels and beer. To visit Calatrava’s Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias in Valencia, Spain.
- To watch a bullfight in Valencia, Spain.
- To visit the Alhambra in Granada, Spain.
To party along Las Ramblas in Barcelona, Spain. To visit a building designed by Antonio Gaudi. To visit the Sagrada Famila in Barcelona, Spain.
- To watch a Flamenco performance in Madrid, Spain.
To visit Museo Nacional del Prado in Madrid, Spain. To visit the Louvre in Paris, France.
- To visit the Musee d’Orsay in Paris, France
To visit the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France. To dine in one of the restaurants along Champs Elysees, Paris, France.
- To attend a fashion show in Paris, France.
- To visit the formal gardens of Versailles in France.
- To run the lavender fields of Provence, France.
- To get drunk drinking wine in Burgundy, France.
To visit an authentic castle– I got to visit two when i visited Germany! To visit Cologne Cathedral in Germany. To party “till i drop” during Mardi Gras in Cologne, Germany. To visit Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. To visit the British Museum in London, UK.– And i found Dr Jose Rizal’s name in their World Atlas! To visit the Tate Modern in London, UK. To visit the St. Paul’s Cathedral in London, UK. To see the London Watchtower in London, UK To see the London Bridge, London, UK. To watch a play at and by the Royal Shalespeare Company, London, UK. To visit Monaco.
- To join a cruise around the Amalfi Coast.
- To visit Greece and its islands (Athens, Mykonos, etc).
- To visit Turkey (Capadoccia, Hagia Sophia, the old markets!)
- To visit Jerusalem.
- To visit Prague, Czech Republic (its well-preserved old buildings!).
- To visit Budapest, Hungary.
- To visit Moscow and St. Petersburg in Russia.
- To visit the Scandinavian countries.
- To visit Iceland (the breath-taking landscape and its hot springs)
- To learn how to ski in the Alps.
- To visit Petra, Jordan.
- To visit Egypt (River Nile, Alexandra, hopefully a performance of Aida by the Pyramids!).
- To visit Morocco (its souks!).
- To experience a safari in the plains of Kenya.
- To visit Mt Kilimanjaro.
- To visit the Table Mountains of South Africa.
- To visit Madagascar Island.
- To visit Easter Island.
- To visit Mexico (the Mayan temples!)
- To visit Brazil (Brasilia, Sao Paolo, Rio de Janiero, Amazon River!)
- To visit Iguazu Falls in Misiones, Argentina.
- To visit the Machu Pichu grounds up in the Andes Mountains in Peru.
- To visit Ecuador (since i am not so familiar with its culture and history)
- To visit the Islands of Galapagos.
- To visit the southern-most tip of mainland South America (Tierra del Fuego)
- To visit New Zealand (to tour its southern parts and see penguins in their habitat)
- To visit the Blue Mountains in New South Wales, Australia.
- To visit the Great Barrier Reef in Queensland, Australia.
- To visit Papua New Guinea.
- To visit Bora-Bora Island, French Polynesia.
- To visit Palau.
- To visit Tristan de Cunha (the remotest island in the world).
- To go on an Antartican Cruise.
Places I Visited In The Philippines (or at least, those that i can remember)
Countries I Visited Already (I want more!)
- Hong Kong
- The Netherlands
- United Kingdom
- The Vatican